California Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 3, 2023
Information We Collect
We collect information that personally identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with you (“Personal Information”), including:
- Identifiers such as name, mailing address, service address, email addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, your Aptive account login credentials;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as age, marital status, gender, ethnicity, country of origin;
- Other demographic information such as the number and ages of children, what language(s) you speak; whether you own or rent a property, the number of persons living at the property, household income;
- Commercial information such as bank account number, payment card information, the type(s) of service subscribed to, service dates, customer type, account balance and status, information related to the financing of properties that you own or that we service;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information such as browsing/search history, IP address, data collected by cookies and similar technologies, device specifications such as device IDs, specifications, and operating system;
- Geolocation data such as geographic location indicators from mobile devices, websites and service addresses;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information such as call recordings, chat transcripts, and pictures or images of your properties;
- Professional/employment information such as employer, occupation;
- Education information such as education level;
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information that relate to your preferences, interests, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes; and
- Personal Information as described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) to the extent collected under another category of Personal Information above
Some of the Personal Information listed above may be considered Sensitive Personal Information under relevant privacy laws. This includes your Aptive account login credentials, precise geolocation information (with your permission through our mobile app), ethnicity, and country of origin. Each type of Sensitive Personal Information may overlap with a category of Personal Information listed above.
Information We Collect From Employees and Potential Employees
If you apply for or accept an offer of employment, we may collect:
- Identifiers such as name and address, social security number, driver’s license number, alien registration number, passport number;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as age, marital status, gender, disability;
- Internet or other electronic network information browsing/search history, data collected by cookies;
- Geolocation information from mobile applications and vehicles or vehicle equipment, including precise geolocation;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information such as call recordings, chat transcripts, information collected in phone screenings and interviews;
- Educational information such as educational institutions attended, degrees received, college transcripts;
- Professional/employment information such as resumes, CVs, positions held, tenure, references, skill assessments;
- Medical information such as drug test results, doctors’ notes, leave of absence forms, workers compensation forms;
- Banking, financial and insurance information such as checking account and routing numbers for direct deposits, 401(k) account information, loans, mortgage documents and garnishment information, insurance policies and coverages;
- Beneficiary/Dependent information such as the names, social security numbers and gender of your beneficiaries/dependents;
- Inferences drawn from the above categories of Personal Information that relate to your characteristics, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes, including criminal background information and driving history; and
- Personal Information as described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) to the extent collected under another category of Personal Information above.
Some of the Personal Information listed above may be considered Sensitive Personal Information under relevant privacy laws. This includes your social security number, driver’s license number, alien registration number, passport number, race, citizenship, medical information, and precise geolocation information. Each type of Sensitive Personal Information may overlap with a category of Personal Information listed above.
How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information for business purposes, such as:
- Account creation, fulfillment, servicing and customer support: to create customer accounts, allow customers to create online accounts and profiles, provide goods or services, keep customers informed about the status of their services, respond to questions and address customers concerns, deliver updates, upgrades and product improvement information;
- Marketing and market research: to send communications and offers for our or third parties’ products and services, including offers based on consumers’ interests, personal and business characteristics and location, perform analytics for market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information;
- Collection and credit reporting: to collect on outstanding balances, update credit reporting agencies;
- Surveys, promotional events, contests: to administer surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contests, loyalty programs and other promotional events and contests;
- Other company communications: to provide consumers with information that may be of interest such as company newsletters, announcements, reminders and service bulletins;
- Website use and analytics: to provide you with access to and use of our Sites and Services, analyze consumers’ use of our websites, including the use of third-party web analytics services, which may utilize automated technologies to collect data (such as email and IP addresses);
- Eligibility and pricing: to determine if consumers are eligible for certain products, services or offers and the pricing related to such offers;
- Product research: to conduct research and analysis for maintaining, protecting, and developing services, increase and maintain the safety of our products and services, and prevent misuse;
- Business operations: to evaluate, develop, and improve business operations, products and services offered, perform business administration and other normal business activities;
- Compliance: to comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, contractual obligations, our policies, and take actions that we deem necessary to preserve and enforce our rights and the rights of others; and
- Information security and fraud prevention: to operate information security and anti-fraud programs.
We use Sensitive Personal Information as follows:
- Aptive account credentials: to permit access to customers’ online accounts and operate information security and anti-fraud programs.
- Ethnicity and country of origin: for analytics purposes.
- Precise geolocation information: for analytics, account fulfillment, service and customer support, and business operations purposes.
How We Use Personal Information of California Employees and Potential Employees
We may use Personal Information to evaluate candidates for initial and continued employment; conduct background checks and drug screening; communicate with you; provide training and mentoring; provide benefits, services, and accommodations; maintain company security; facilitate company policies; comply with legal and contractual obligations; and otherwise operate our business. We use Sensitive Personal Information solely for employment related purposes and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Third-Party Selling and Sharing
We may sell or share (for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes) Personal Information to third parties who are not our services providers. These companies may use your Personal Information for their everyday business purposes, including marketing. Over the past twelve months, we sold/shared Identifiers and Internet and other electronic network activity information to third parties. You may submit a request to opt-out of sales and sharing (for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes) as further described here.
We do not sell or share Personal Information obtained in the employment context.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Information
California Privacy Notice
Health & Safety
Referral Terms & Conditions